Finalizing and Editing

 To begin, I just combined the individual videos into one. Since I already had knowledge from the previous year, this was simple. The challenging aspect was having to overlay the noises on top of the video. Considering that I had some past experience with this, I believed it would be very simple. But things did not go as easily as I had anticipated. The sound would either be too loud or too low, which caused me problems. The sound of "Honey, dinner's ready" had to be played over the footage, I knew, and that was what I did. I naively believed that I could just silence the background video. But when the background noise disappeared and only the mother's voice could be heard, it came out as overly staged. I then considered turning up the volume a tad, but not too much, to provide some background noise while keeping the crowd from hearing me instruct the young lady. It was difficult for me to perform this, therefore it never came out right; instead, it sounded odd. I asked Mila whether she could do it after sending her the video. She assumed control of the situation and claimed that she could quickly rectify it. The film was finished once she had finished this final section. Before submitting the movie and finishing it, my group and I wanted to show a few others. This was done in order to correct any unclear elements or errors that visitors may have noticed. Small errors were discovered by the audience when we performed this. Someone suggested changing one of the opening pictures since it didn't match the "creepy" atmosphere. This was taken into account, and my crew and I changed the entrance shot to one that would better suit the movie. The film was finished and prepared after this and a few other minor issues were rectified and fixed.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short film research: Leftovers

Choosing our Pitch