Refilming the deleted scenes

 The time to refilm arrived rather fast the next day. I waited for Violet to arrive at my house so we could facetime Dara and Mila. Dara and Mila had decided not to physically come to my place which was okay. Everyone joined the call at around 12:15, and Violet and I started getting ready. Filming could start as soon as the clothes, hair, and makeup were done. To record the scenes, I made the decision to support my phone on a tripod. Everyone agreed that it would work because there were no other group members there. However, issues emerged instantaneously. It was difficult to keep my dog out of the shots once he leapt onto the bed. There truly was no other way, and if he was shut out, his barking would disrupt the whole thing. Apart from my dog, our group and I all agreed that the tripod took away from the scene's ominous vibe. Everyone felt that when a person's hand was holding the camera previously, it seemed much better. The tiniest camera movement to focus on a particular person or object, as well as the camera's tiny shakiness, all added to the scene's believability. Simply said, the tripod was unable to replicate this. Dara and Mila made the decision to come over to my house right away to help promptly film this one scene after multiple tries and failures. Violet and I patient yet eagerly waited for them to come over. Dara arrived first, and Mila then arrived five minutes later. We started filming nearly right away. The scene was well captured after a few technical difficulties, which took a few minutes. After finishing this scene, the last scene remained to be worked on. Because a child was required to play with the dolls that portrayed Violet and I, this scene hadn't yet been recorded. Mila informed the group that she could shoot the last scene during the next week after remembering that one of her friends had a little sister who had a lot of dolls. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short film research: Leftovers

Choosing our Pitch