Final scene for filming

 The scene that had been delayed the longest was about to be filmed, and I was both eager and nervous for how it would come out. I know from previous experience that it can be challenging to get children to accomplish what has to be done. I used to babysit little kids, and it was far from easy. They would cry and make messes everywhere. They also have a very short attention span. I am very glad I am not the one filming this scene because I am not good with kids.  Nevertheless, because Mila has known the young girl for a long time, I had some optimism that she would comply. During this filming, the group was unable to facetime, so we spent most of the time texting instead. I texted Mila in the group chat on how it had to be filmed. The plan was for the camera to gradually zoom out from the toy-filled floor. She needed to have the little girl then pretend she heard her mom calling out to her for dinner time. Before the mom calls out to her, the little girl needed to be shown playing with dolls. Hopefully, the little actress would not look at the camera. Looking at the camera breaks the fourth wall and makes the scene less believable. I informed Mila that the dolls she selected also had to resemble Violet and I. She sent a picture of the dolls that would be used in the scene and they were perfect. One was Blonde like me, and one had brownish hair like Violet. Once we had the necessary shots, Mila sent the videos to me to edit and they were perfect!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short film research: Leftovers

Choosing our Pitch