Scenes got deleted

 I was most concerned about the footage being deleted. That, regrettably, became my reality today. I had started editing the film and was feeling extremely productive and successful. But when I was in the middle of editing, my phone died. I quickly put it to charge, hoping nothing got lost. Then, once it started turning on, it randomly started updating. I tried to keep calm and hope for the best. Whenever I update my phone, my photos and videos sometimes don't save to my phone and disappear. It turned on and my worst nightmare became reality. I checked the editing app, to see if my progress had saved. A pop up displayed saying there was missing videos. I quickly open my photo and video gallery and my heart stopped. Half of the videos deleted. I contemplated what to text my group and told them the videos got deleted. Sadly, the scenes would need to be reshot because they were essential to the film. It was the moment when I was going to stab Violet while holding the knife in front of her. My group mates were asking how the videos got deleted and I told them what had happened. Everyone was bummed but we didn't have time to be upset. We needed to re-film and finish the filming process as soon as possible. The very following day, that Saturday, Violet and I made the decision to get together once more at my place to reshoot the scene. Naturally, it would still need to take place when everyone was available. Dara and Mila would still be joining, even if virtually. It was agreed that 1 pm would be a good time for everyone in the group. This time, it was even agreed to store all of the videos on a drive in case something were to happen again.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Short film research: Leftovers

Choosing our Pitch